With the introduction of a new version of Pocket 3D software for its HiPer SR GNSS receiver, Topcon Positioning Systems is expanding the delivery of high-accuracy 3D positioning technology to contractors needing a low-cost, one-man layout and measurement system.
Pocket 3D is powerful, easy-to-use data collection and control software for grade checking and other measurement applications on a job site. Version 10.0.2 makes it fully functional with the HiPer SR receiver, introduced in August.
The new receiver is not only “perfect for contractors, but also for other non-traditional GNSS users such as landscape architects, law enforcement forensics projects or any others requiring high-accuracy 3D positioning,” said Tony Vanneman, Topcon construction products marketing manager.
Its field-rugged and fully-integrated design delivers a 1,000-foot working radius through Topcon’s new LongLink technology. “This innovative wireless data link was developed specifically for the HiPer SR, and provides reliable and interference-free base-to-rover communications that don’t require an FCC license to operate,” Vanneman said.
“We took the best signal tracking technologies and packaged them in a small, energy-efficient design,” he said. “Anyone looking for a rugged, easy-to-use, low-cost 3D GPS system will find what they need in the HiPer SR.”
Additional key features of the HiPer SR include:
- Shock-resistant magnesium alloy housing – allowing the HiPer SR to take a 6 ft. (2m) pole drop onto concrete;
- Weighs 1.8 pounds (0.8kg);
- 226-channel Vanguard technology, featuring Universal Tracking Channel technology, supports all satellite constellations;
- Fence antenna technology;
- Quartz lock loop technology for superior GNSS tracking in high-vibration environments, such as on a four wheeler;
- Capable of simultaneous LongLink operation with multiple rovers;
- Sealed battery pack provides more than 15 hours of operation.