Spectra Precision introduced at Intergeo this week new and updated products to expand its portfolio of solutions addressing the needs of the mainstream surveying and construction markets. Intergeo 2013 is a geodesy, geoinformatics and land management trade event being held in Essen, Germany.
“Earlier this year, we introduced a new reflectorless entry-level total station, the lightweight ProMark 700 RTK Network Rover and the Layout Pro construction layout software suite. With our latest additions, the Spectra Precision portfolio continues to evolve to meet the changing needs of our users,” said François Erceau, general manager of Spectra Precision’s GeoInstruments Business Unit. “Spectra Precision now offers one of the broadest and most complete portfolios of survey and construction products in the industry — from construction lasers and total stations to survey GNSS receivers and GIS handhelds — all from a single supplier that customers can trust.”
New and updated Spectra Precision products include:
- Spectra Precision EPOCH 50 firmware 4.81 – now supports RTK positioning using the Chinese BeiDou open service GNSS satellite signals. Adding the BeiDou constellation to the full range of GPS and GLONASS signals already tracked by EPOCH 50 further boosts the capabilities of this GNSS receiver to enable faster initialization and performance, even in conditions where satellite visibility is obstructed due to tree canopy or tall buildings.
- MobileMapper 120 Decimeter Edition – this new kit, based on the MobileMapper 120 handheld GNSS receiver, includes the Flying RTK, GLONASS tracking and NTRIP correction options. With accuracy of 20cm or better, the Decimeter Edition kit is a competitively priced solution for precise Mobile Mapping applications.
- ProFlex 800 firmware version 1.9 – now supports GLONASS-only mode and tracking of QZSS signals to meet the needs of specific markets (Russia and Japan, respectively). This updated firmware also improves RTK performance in VRS networks, particularly in challenging GNSS environments, through Z-Blade technology enhancements.
- Layout Pro Field and Office software – a recent release of the Layout Pro field software added support for the FOCUS 30 Robotic Total Station, offering the highest level of productivity and accuracy in a construction layout solution. The Layout Pro version 2.1.1 update now includes language packs for major markets worldwide, in addition to many other minor enhancements. Customers with a current Layout Pro maintenance agreement are eligible to download this update from www.spectraprecision.com.
- Survey Basic software for total stations – further enhancements to this entry-level software application make for the simplest starting point, with workflows that mirror the familiar Nikon-style FOCUS 6 user interface in a modern full-color touch-screen instrument (FOCUS 8). Further language packs have been added, including Czech, Traditional Chinese, Korean and Polish.
- Survey Pro Field software version 5.4 – the latest release of this award-winning survey field software includes many new features and enhancements such as:
- Updated Digital Terrain Model (DTM) features and interface
- Support for new GNSS constellations and an improved GNSS workflow
- Additional Active Map enhancements that make it easier than ever to work directly from the map screen
- Updated point staking routines and a new interface for building design point lists
- A new Plane and Vertical Angle Offset routine
- A new electronic compass display in various map screens
- Enhanced total station and GNSS setup routines
- An improved Code/Description entry and display system
Customers with a current Survey Pro maintenance agreement are eligible for this update and can download the software from .
- Spectra Precision Survey Office software v3.10 and v2.95 – both versions are companions to Survey Pro 5.4 field software and FAST Survey field software, and offer enhanced baseline processing with more reliable outlier detection and improved accuracy statistics. Additionally, version 3.10 features a new customized ribbon UI and is optimized for 64-bit PCs (with notably faster processing).
These new and updated Spectra Precision products are now available for order through the Spectra Precision global reseller network.