Roadnet Technologies, the Baltimore-based transportation logistics software firm, announced today that the MobileCast Proof-of-Delivery application is now available in Apple’s iTunes App Store. The introduction of the proof-of-delivery application for Roadnet customers using Apple products allows the ability to integrate delivery services into a single mobile platform.
The MobileCast Proof-of-Delivery app includes:
- GPS Tracking
- Manual Arrive/Depart to track accurate service times
- Text Messaging within the application to streamline communications
- Dynamic Dispatch of stops to driver’s mobile device
- In-Field Geocoding to ensure accurate delivery locations
- Store and Forward so that when a coverage issue is experienced all information will be saved and transmitted later
- Driver Re-Sequencing of stops to allow control over reordering stops when necessary
- Order Summary to quickly view what is being delivery
- Apple Maps integration to provide delivery driving directions (does not include truck restrictions)
- Apple Voice Navigation provides audible directions to a requested location
- Apple Live Traffic overlays to provide traffic information for the route
- On Track, the sales and merchandiser tracking application that accurately records mileage and time spent with a customer, is also available within the MobileCast app.
The MobileCast phone solution is a proof-of-delivery application. Proof-of-delivery systems not only let management track their vehicles in real time, but they also notify employees in the back office when issues arise that may prohibit a route from being completed as planned. The historical data collected through a proof-of-delivery application can also be used to evaluate trends and determine alternative solutions for route execution.