PenBay Solutions, a developer of GIS-based facility management and public safety software, is introducing InVision 1.5 in booth #F116 at the Esri User Conference in San Diego, July 14-17. The new technology will also be featured at the InVision Special Interest Group Lunch in room 28B at 12 p.m. on July 16 at the conference.
InVision software is built on the Esri ArcGIS platform to help users visualize, analyze and interpret data in ways that reach beyond individual buildings and site maps. InVision bridges the gap between managing exterior and interior built environments by aggregating all facility and infrastructure data from various sources into a single, comprehensive, visual system for portfolio management, operations, and safety and security.
The 1.5 release of InVision software introduces several new features and enhancements with an emphasis on mobile capabilities. InVision 1.5 introduces mobile viewers for:
- Space Management: view space types, uses and assignments while in the field to more easily find and understand space use and classification.
- Asset Management: remotely view utility and asset types, statuses and conditions to more quickly locate and evaluate assets.
- Campus Viewing: provide information about campus points of interest so employees, residents and visitors can easily find what they are looking for.
- Security Planning: view security plans – including both indoor and outdoor environments – and share that security information via mobile devices with outside public safety agencies and response personnel.
- Security Operations: view critical building, floor, space and security asset information in the field to better understand the location and status of security assets in real time.
“Mobility is critically important to our customers,” said Stu Rich, Chief Technology Officer at PenBay Solutions. “These new InVision Mobile Viewers are just the beginning. We’re in the process of developing mobile applications designed for data collection, data editing and inspection workflows as well. Watch for announcements around those exciting new applications in the coming months.”
The InVision Secure Event Management Solution supports a range of activities and users throughout event planning, coordination, and operations. With InVision Secure, users can coordinate plan creation, manage the review and approval process, and securely share information that is relevant to the safety and security of events. The solution helped make Super Bowl XLVIII a safe and successful event, according to PenBay Solutions.
“PenBay Solutions was instrumental in helping us with all the agencies we worked with to gather data, and for implementing a public safety system that met our needs for the Super Bowl,” said Captain Steven Pollackov of FDNY’s GIS Unit. “As we move forward, we will be utilizing this platform more and more.”