NVS Technologies AG announces today, from the ION-GNSS 2012 Conference in Nashville, the launch of the NV08C-Mini PCI-E Embedded Mini PCI Express GNSS Receiver.
The NV08C-Mini PCI-E is a fully integrated GNSS receiver module, optimized for Mini PCI Express (Mini-PCIe) based applications. Its key feature is its full compatibility with GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, QZSS, COMPASS (GNSS), and EGNOS, WAAS, MSAS, and GAGAN (SBAS). It is specifically designed for use in a wide range of mobile computing, in-vehicle and rugged handheld computer equipment, for the security/public safety, telematics/fleet management, and precision GIS/survey, machine control, and agriculture markets. Features include:
- Embedded mini PCI Express GNSS receiver
- Very quick and simple integration
- GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, QZSS, COMPASS, SBAS L1
- Precise navigation, positioning, and timing
- 32 GNSS tracking channels / 200K correlators — Ensuring fast TTFF and high signal sensitivity
- NMEA 0183 / IEC 61162-1, binary (BINR) and RTCM SC-104 v2.3 data protocols
- Raw Data output — Pseudorange, Carrier phase and Doppler
- Individual GLONASS group delay calibration — Assuring very high accuracy
- Receiver Autonomous Integrity Monitoring (RAIM) / Assisted GNSS (A-GNSS) interface
- 64 KB EEPROM for firmware upgrade and data storage
- Industrial operating temperature range ‐40 to +85°C
The NV08C-Mini PCI-E offers high sensitivity, high-performance acquisition and tracking, NMEA and raw data outputs, plus Differential (D-GNSS) and Assisted GNSS (A-GNSS) functions. Tracking satellites from multiple GNSS constellations ensures much higher availability of navigation signals, when compared to single constellation alternatives, and provides increased performance, accuracy, and reliability, NVS Technologies said. It features two RF channels (GPS and GLONASS), three-stage SAW filtration for high noise immunity, and several protocol interfaces and a supply voltage source for an active antenna. This fully featured embedded Mini PCI-e GNSS receiver is the quickest-to-market solution for mobile computing applications, the company said.