Abstract submissions are now being accepted for the Institute of Navigation (ION) 2014 Joint Navigation Conference (JNC) to be held June 16-19, 2014.
For Official Use Only (FOUO) U.S.-only sessions will be held June 16-18 at the Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld, Orlando, Florida; and the 4-EYES CLASSIFIED sessions will be held June 19 at Shades of Green Walt Disney World.
The conference, sponsored by the ION’s Military Division, is the largest U.S. military positioning, navigation and timing conference of the year with joint service and government participation. The event will focus on technical advances in guidance, navigation, and control (GN&C) with emphasis on joint development, test and support of affordable GN&C systems, logistics and integration.
The 2013 Joint Navigation Conference was canceled, so this will be the first time the conference has been held in two years.
From an operational perspective, the conference will also focus on advances in battlefield applications of GPS; critical strengths or weaknesses of fielded navigation devices; warfighter PNT requirements and solutions; and navigation warfare.
The ION JNC features more than 200 operational presentations on a diverse array of topics including:
- Advanced Security Technologies/SAASM
- Alternate Navigation Technologies: I, II & III
- Atomic Clocks and Timing Applications
- Autonomous Navigation
- Aviation Applications
- Battlefield Smart Phone Applications
- Celestial Navigation and Star-Tracker Technology
- Collaborative Navigation Techniques
- GPS Constellation Performance
- GPS in Military Applications/NAVWAR
- GPS Modernization
- Land Applications
- Marine Applications
- MEMS Inertial Measurement Unit
- Micro Navigation Applications
- Military GPS Receivers and Military GPS Receiver Technology
- Military GPS Use and Experiences
- Military GPS/Antenna Technologies and Interference Mitigation
- Missile Applications
- Modeling and Simulation
- Multi-GNSS Receivers for Military Applications
- Multi-Sensor Solutions for Guidance, Navigation, and Control
- Navigating in Challenged Environments (e.g. Urban, Indoor and
- Sub-Surface Navigation)
- Precision Azimuth Sensing
- Precision Navigation Capabilities for Test and Training
- Robust Navigation Systems/Solutions
- Space and Satellite Applications
- Warfighter Requirements and Solutions
Abstracts are being accepted through March 4, 2014.
Technical Exhibit and Operational Product Demonstrations. JNC also features a technical exhibit and showcase of Guidance, Navigation and Control technology products and services and Operational Product Demonstrations. For more information on exhibiting and product demonstrations at the ION Joint Navigation Conference, call ION at 703-366-2723 or go to www.ion.org/jnc.
Attendance Restricted. FOUO U.S. ONLY. JNC conference attendance (June 16-19) will be controlled by the Joint Navigation Warfare Center and will be restricted to U.S. ONLY. The classified sessions will have 4-Eyes access (June 19) for citizens of U.S.A., Australia, Canada, and the United Kingdom. All participants must establish a need to know and be approved by the Joint Navigation Warfare Center security office.