- This event has passed.
Munich Satellite Navigation Summit 2014
March 25 - 27
Registration is now open for Munich Satellite Navigation Summit 2014, which will be held March 25-27, 2014, at the Residenz Muenchen in Munich, Germany.
The summit has been established as the European and International conference with global impact featuring invited high-ranking worldwide speakers from industry, science and governments dealing with the directions of satellite navigation now and in the future.
The summit starts on March 25 with the Exhibition Opening and Champagne Reception at 16.30 hrs. The technical programme of the conference starts with the Opening Plenary Panel discussing the topic “GNSS – New Challenges” at 17.15 hrs. Afterward, the Bavarian State Reception in the famous Residenz München provides opportunities for networking.
The technical program includes plenary discussions among invited speakers and presents a concise update on the main activities in worldwide satellite navigation systems, in particular:
- Implementation of the European satellite navigation system Galileo
- Modernization of the U.S. Global Positioning System (GPS IIF, GPS III)
- Status and modernization of the Russian Global Satellite Navigation System GLONASS
- Developments of new global and regional systems like the Chinese COMPASS, the Japanese QZSS and the Indian IRNSS
- Space-Based Augmentation systems (SBAS)
- Legal issues of privacy devices and GNSS re-transmitters
- Getting the centimeter on global scale (Precise Point Positioning)
- Design of future navigation systems: Will autonomous sensors come to the fore
- GNSS monitoring of the system earth and natural disasters
- Integrated applications of GNSS and Earth Observation
The Munich Satellite Navigation Summit will further highlight the creation of new applications and services in satellite navigation, in combination with telecommunication and information technology, in particular geo-information technology.
Various sessions will feature discussions among invited panellists talking about perspectives and critical issues in various rapidly growing application scenes of satellite navigation, in particular with Galileo. Brief presentations and statements of the panelists are initiating each session. An interactive question and answer period with the auditorium is closing the topic.
- An exhibition for industry and institutions is taking place during the conference.
- The European Satellite Navigation Master competition will be announced.
- The summit includes a parallel track on Copernicus the European Commission’s Earth Observation Programme. Alongside technical and political updates, the sessions will also give insight into services and applications enabled by the programme.
The Summit is part of the efforts of the Bavarian government and the cluster on aerospace and satellite navigation to stimulate applications and services in this high-tech field.
For more information, contact +49-89-6004-3425 or e-mail email@example.com.