Because of widespread interest in European Navigation Conference 2013, organizers have decided to extend Early Bird Registration until March 15.
“The interest of the navigation community for the European Navigation Conference 2013 is tremendous. We have received more than 150 oral presentations and 50 poster presentations that will be showcased in 32 sessions,” said Susanne Fuchs, organizing committee member. Among those who are taking part as keynote speakers or panelists are:
- Paul Weissenberg (Deputy Director General of the DG Enterprise and Industry of the European Commission),
- Didier Faivre (Director of Galileo Programme & Navigation Related Activities, European Space Agency),
- Carlo des Doride (Executive Director of the European GNSS),
- Frank Salzgeber (Head of Technology Transfer Office, ESA),
- Gard Ueland (Chairman of Galileo Services),
- Bernhard Hofmann-Wellenhof (Vice Rector for Academic Affairs, TU Graz) or Harald Posch (Austrian Space Agency)
The European Navigation Conference 2013 will be the seventeenth conference in the GNSS series held under the auspices of the European Group of Institutes of Navigation (EUGIN). The conference will be hosted by the Austrian Institute of Navigation (OVN) and will take place from 23-25 April 2013 in Vienna, Austria.
Each year the conference attracts researchers, policy makers, manufacturers, users and service providers from around the world. “Thanks to the wide variety of topics in navigation and the outstanding expertise of the attending speakers, we will be able to bring together more than 600 experts,” Fuchs said.
The conference will focus on the present status as well as on future developments in navigation systems, with special emphasis on Galileo. Thus, the ENC 2013 will be a showcase for state of the art technology and, more importantly, for innovations in the field of terrestrial and satellite navigation. The implementation of new technologies in navigation will be illustrated in the industry exhibition, running in parallel to the conference.
For more events, visit our Events page.