A contract to design and to deliver an advanced multi-GNSS constellation signal simulator and interface environment testbed was awarded by the European Space Agency (ESA) to IFEN GmbH on October 28, 2013. This contract is concluded in the context of the Signal Test Bed (SIGTB) activities of the European GNSS Evolution Programme (EGEP).
In addition to addressing the second generation of Galileo, which is planned to provide higher accuracy and signal robustness, the GNSS Signal Test Bed will include the following capabilities:
- Flexible adaptability to all signal and message standards, whatever the future may bring.
- Extensive investigation of intentional signal interferences.
- Testing of GNSS signal performance in newly evolving standards.
- Generation of even more realistic test scenarios that include background and intentional interference.
- Refined scenarios of various distortions of GNSS signals.