COSPAS-SARSAT beacons are battery operated emergency distress transmitters for locating ships or persons when time is critical for survival. The new Connor-Winfield series CSBxx Series are Surface Mount, 5x7mm, 3.3V, LVCMOS or Clipped Sinewave Temperature Compensated Crystal Oscillators (TCXO) designed to be emergency beacon frequency references requiring tight ± 0.2 ppm frequency stability and frequency slope control of only ±0.7 ppb/min.
The low power dissipation of 6mW allows it to power-up immediately with an accurate frequency. Class 1 devices operate over –40°C to 55°C and Class 2 devices operate–20°C to 55°C. Standard frequencies are 10.0, 12.688375, 12.688575, 12.688656, 12.68875, 16.367, and 20.0 MHz. To save time during the beacon certification process, temperature test data is available from a special on-line URL for each serialized TCXO.
- 3.3 Vdc Operation
- Frequency Stability: ± 0.20 ppm
- Mean Slope = ±0.7 ppb/min
- Temperature Ranges Available:
- Class I -40 to 55°C , Class II -20 to 55°C
- LVCMOS or Clipped Sinewave Output
- Ceramic Surface Mount Package
- Tape and Reel Packaging
- RoHS Compliant / Pb Free
- Each unit is serialized and data is available on-line